Tuesday, October 03, 2006

KENYA
Last stop on the tour?


Ladies & Gents,
I do apologize to my faithful readers for my delay in reporting. My access to the web is not as often.


Let me introduce you to a "friend of the Family" going back to the previous generation. To your left is Pastor Don Matheny of Nairobi Lighthouse Church, in Nairobi Kenya. Pastor Don's father and Founding Pastor, Bro. Sterling Miller (Pastor Jay's dad) were good friends till his passing in 1986.
I flew in too late on Sunday to attend service, but can't wait for this Sunday! They have church in a football (soccar) stadium with 3,000-4,000 in regular attendance!


This is Pastor Jon Stern (holding Famuta "Joy") at his orphanage named King's Kid's Villiage. www.kingskidsvilliage.net
Spending the day with him was an absolute joy. He and his wife (Molly) have been in Kenya for about 23 years. This orphange was apart of a vision Pastor Jon's mother had that came to pass in about 2003. The vision was birthed in 1949. Children of God, what patients can do to a seed!
This orphange structure was a very different set up from Swaziland, so it was just good to see first hand how many ways, in how many countries, to love on Jesus' children.

Quick Story:
For the first time, I really felt the effects of jet lag when I got to Kenya. Straight off the plane, I was put into a leadership class, and I was worn out.
These guys are excited about Jesus. (Don't you love being uncomfortable around charasmatic Christians?!!!)
At any rate, I was occasionally zoning out, and thinking about some issues back home. I even went on to write on a napkin, "I feel like a failure."
It wasn't 15 minutes later that they literally had an alter call in a class for anyone who has been feeling like a failure!!
People of God, I love being set up (sometimes) by the One up above. He reminds me that He loves me and cares about me! That even in Kenya, when no one back home knew where I was, or how to get ahold of me, He got ahold of me.
I tend to seek cousil alot. I tend to go to the pastors and people of God to get them to get me a word, rather than myself personally seeking for that word. I love it when Father God gives it to me straight. No Doubt.
He loves us. He really does.

Really!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again!!! I'm glad that you are able to post whenever you can.
God speaks to us wherever we are at- and that's the coolest part!!
Aaron, do you know what? I was feeling like a failure too because it seems like things don't always turn out right and always seems like there are delays in my life (constantly). Know that you are never alone!!
Love you, brother!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

What incredible adventures. So excited for you. It is awesome how God knows even the littlest details of your life! Keep running after Him!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home