Friday, September 29, 2006

Sermon Anyone?




Pastor Jay mentioned once that when he was in Bible college, and knew he was going to preach, he developed that gift by preaching about and too anything. "Driving on the road, I'd see a car, and it had tires, so I'd preach about tires."
Well, I'm in Swaziland, Africa... and I go into a restaurant, and low-and-behold, I have Tabasco Sause at my table. I can't get away from home even when I try.
Then I thought about it.... that could preach. I mean, as Christians, are we called EVERYWHERE? To be ON FIRE! To STAND OUT and BE RECOGNIZED no matter where we are?
That's just a couple thoughts to help you get started.
What do YOU think this sermon should be?
Feel free to comment!

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark 16:15 ( NLT)
And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.
The Great Commission!! To be a light in the darkness of this world!!
Romans 8:38-39(NLT)
And I am convinced that nothing can separate us from his love. Death can't and life can't. The angels can't and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Hope this helps, Aaron!!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

I like those ideas. Another:
what are the other things on the table? Paul called us to be all things to all people, to be able to be relevant and relate to others. As a restaurant they put out a lot of different sauces that speak to all different people. Maybe you recognize the tabasco sauce because you are from LA, but someone from Philadephia (just hypothetical) might be inclined to enjoy the Heinz ketchup. Whatever the sauce of choice, the restaurant does a great job of laying out a bunch of different varieties, all with the same purpose: to get the fullness in flavor of the meal. We are to do likewise: using the firm foundation of Christ we are called to make the gospel relevant to whatever culture and community we are in for the "soul" purpose of revealing the full extent of Christ's love!
Wow-After rereading that, I don't know if that made any sense at all. Oh well. Enjoy!
And have a great time in Kenya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home