Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Project: Tree of Life



Two things crossed my mind one day at a care point.
First off, the children are being feed well, but I noticed how much they love fruit. It's a treat. Apples here are like "Fun Dip" back home... or whatever kids eat these days. (My dad still thinks Mary Jane's and Almond Joys are the only candy there is.)
Then, for some reason, I thought about Pastor Jay giving the illustration of being rooted, and how he finally planted the "family tree" that Mrs. Tessy's parents gave them, and that little oak finally started to really grow.
I got the idea to plant fruit tree's at each care point, so that the kids would always have fruit around. Plus, it's another way to leave a legacy behind.





Here is a Litchi (local fruit) Tree that was planted at the Makholweni Care Point. This Litchi and an Avacado tree are the first to be planted and a vision coming to past.
Today, I will purchase more trees, and get them to other care points.

Thank you Family Church, for planting yet another seed in hearts of children, and literally in the ground!


Coming Soon: My journey up Execution Mountain!



5 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Pastor Dwayne said...

if you plant it, it will grow.
if you water it, it will grow.
if you water it, it will grow.
if you leave it alone, it will grow.But if you leave a legacy there is no end to life.teach them how to leave a legacy and to always live not just survive.
simper fidelas(always faithful)
I love you man.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Pastor Dwayne said...

sorry about saying the whole water thing twice.

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, suprisingly they still have " Fun Dip" and I ate that as a kid!!
I remember a saying, " From little acorns grow mighty oaks". That's great that you are planting fruit trees- to leave a legacy behind.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Pastor Jay said...

I like the little debbies - Swiss Cake Rolls! Plant a tree like that so when i go each year to Swaziland, I will have plenty to eat. What a great idea - I am happy to be a part of a church that sends young men and women out into the World. "Go ye into all the world" - where have I heard that before?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger promise4ya said...

Hey
You look great ! Brous, you look right at home, playing with the kid and all. I think it's great what you are doing, I didn't know you had a green thumb, way-to-go-boy. Everyone here is praying for you. Keep up the great work. Love ya much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home