Monday, September 11, 2006

Made It! Now what?

Sawbona (Hello) Family Church!

Made it to Swaziland safe and sound!
I drove out to New Orleans with my family, and even with me leaving, they still did not want me singing road-trip songs, such as my famous "Hole in the bottom of the sea."
Flew to D.C. and waited about two hours before taking a 9 hour flight to Dakar, Senegal- Refueled for an hour (not getting off the plane), then flew 8 more hours to South Africa. Waited in the Airport for about 7 hours, and just tried to look natural. Took a bus to a plane, where 20 people and I took a "crop duster" to Swaziland. Everyone from everyplace wondered why in the world (litereally) would I be going to Swaziland! "Did you lose a bit there" was the peoples question...even the natives.

5 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Pastor Jay said...

Man, that "crop-duster" is my favorite part of the whole experience. The first time I got on that little plane, I looked out the window and saw a little african man juming up in the air trying to grab the prop - trying to give it a little boost to get started. I thought, my sweet Jesus, what have I got into? Then there was the take-off! I have never been in a plane that went in all 4 directions at the same time, yet somewho still managed to get into the air! THERE IS A GOD! Proud of you Brous, can't wait to see you in a month. Pastor Jay

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger josh said...

There's a molecule on the amoeba, on the bacteria, on the hair, on the wart, on the frog, on the bump, on the log, in the hole, in the bottom of the see!!!

I'll sing with you!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Rebekah Jean Miller said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound!!
You must have been tired when you finally made it, considering those long flights!!
God bless you and always keep you safe!!

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Broussss,

Youd gilbert from the homeland!! wasss up bud? whaT are you doing out there in the land of the Pepper soup? I told you to go back to school not to go to Africa. Just teasing my friend. I wish you good luck in whatever you might have in mind, just give some news once in a while.
Best of Luck and be careful.
Tse tse fly is still a round

Gilbert

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bruce hope u having fun we all want you back now thats just what everybody I talk to say, and me I guess so to
hope you have fun
GOD LOVES YOU
James Platt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home