Thursday, September 21, 2006

THIS WEEKEND!
(Sunday & Monday)



This Sunday, I went to Pastor Mike Pratt's chuch, Checkers (the town) Community Church! Pastor Jay has preached and tought here I believe. Pasor Mike is standing with the grey shirt. I actually ran the power point for praise & worship....put to work....felt at home.


I continued to bask in the glory of the Lord at Buhune ("boon-ya") Beach. A group from the Children's Cup Staff went out.... tubing down the freezing river, and.....
Cooking Braai ("bry")- aka- Bar-B-Q. I made my own Tony's to season this meat.
This is a woman at the Gigi Care point, making a broom. Brooms here are often without handles. Made with branches tied tightly together.


Here, (Pastor) Ben is meeting with the leaders of the different Care Points, giving new teaching material and new on upcoming events.


New Bowls for the kids, helps with delivery and sanitation of the food.
Even here, people aren't impressed when you whip out a camera in the middle of feeding time!
I am left handed...which is not good here, to shake hands or give things, or EAT with your left hand. I thought it was interesting that he was using his left, and could fit the whole thing in his mouth!

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are sharing about what's going on in Africa.. makes me feel like I'm there with you!!
Seeing these pictures almost feels like being on a field trip.. very informative and interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home